1. 1-5 Players Per Team
2. Five Inning Games in Preliminary Rounds, Six Inning Championship Game
3. Three Outs Per Inning Per Team
4. No Base Running
5. Five Balls = Walk. Hit batters do not take a base.
6. Two Strikes= Strikeout
7. Unlimited Foul Balls
8. The Pitchers Mound is 44ft from the Strike Zone. The Strike Zone is 21" by 28" and sits 15" above the ground. Any pitch that hits the zone constitutes a strike.
9. The Speed Limit is strictly enforced at 35 mph. There are no warnings!
If your team is found to be exceeding 35 mph (speeds will be checked randomly throughout the day, and upon request), it will result in an automatic walk of the current batter, regardless of the count. If your team is caught for a second time, it will result in an automatic run for the opposing team.
10. Ten Run Mercy Rule is in effect after 3 full innings of play.
11. Balls landing on or past single marker = Single
12. Balls landing on or past double marker= Double
13. Balls hitting the fence in the air = Triple
14. Balls landing over fence in air = Home run
15. Batting order must stay the same throughout the game
16. Extra Innings start with runners on first and second base.
17. Ground balls fielded before the singles line = out. Ground balls can be bobbled. If the ball hits the ground = single.
Fielders are allowed one step forward from the singles line to play a ground ball.
18. Bracket play will establish which teams advance to Tournament Play (Play-It-Out for Pay-Out)
19. Tournament Play will be single elimination
20. Double Plays –A double play may be attempted at any time, regardless if there are runners on base. Any fielded ball (ground ball or pop fly) can be thrown to the strike zone. If the throw hits the strike part of the zone in the air = 2 outs. No runners are removed from the bases.
1. Wiffle balls, eight perforations - provided (3 per team)
2. Balls may be scuffed to pitchers preference,using provided sand paper, cracks or gashes are illegal
3. Only yellow wiffle bats may be used
4. Taping of handles only
WIFFLE®, the Wiffle Certification Mark and the image of the ball are registered trademarks of The Wiffle Ball, Inc.
©2010-2011 Sandlot Recreation, LLC. All Rights Reserved.